BASIS Soil and Water Management
This course is designed for those who wish to pass the BASIS examination leading to a Certificate in Soil and Water Management. Also for advisors, farmers and farm managers who wish to improve their awareness, knowledge and skills in soil and water management.
The course will cover the importance of soil organic matter and soil structure and the legal requirements for the protection of soil and the maintenance of soil health. The course will explore methods to prevent wind and water erosion and minimise diffuse water pollution.
In addition the mechanics, economics and environmental aspects of cultivation will be examined as will the role of plant nutrients. The course will also cover the safe and legal application of farm manures and other organic manures to land.
- Soil protection and soil health
- Prevention of water and wind erosion
- Mechanics, economics and environmental aspects of cultivation
- Soil physical properties – texture and structure
- Soil organic matter
- Soil water properties
- Drainage and irrigation
- Plant macro/micronutrients and fertiliser planning.
- Manures and soil organic inputs to enhance crop growth and their effects on diffuse pollution
Price currently under review.
How do I book?
You can book by selecting the date and venue of your choice on the Fieldfare Course Diary. Alternatively you can email us for a booking form.