*Summer 2023 Update: Please note this course is currently being redeveloped*
This course has been designed for delegates with limited knowledge of grassland and who want to learn more about grassland management and fertilisation. It is also aimed at students who wish to sit FACTS exams but have a limited grassland background or for those who are new to working in the grassland sector.
The training covers:
- Basic grassland agronomy and the challenges faced
- Sward management – soil texture/structure, organic manures and weeds
- Grassland reseeding including sward assessment, ley mixture, nutrient management and associated timings
- Environmental factors such as greenhouse gases, regulations and diffuse pollution
- Grassland management including forage budgeting, grazing system and precision solutions
Prices currently under review.