Landspreading Course for Operators
This two day WAMITAB accredited course is designed for operators/drivers working in the landspreading sector. The overall purpose of the training is to provide candidates with the skills and knowledge to safely spread waste to land within legislative requirements and with due regard for health and safety and environmental concerns. The course aims to ensure that all operators spreading to land are aware of the risks associated with spreading practices and understand the appropriate steps that can be taken to eliminate and minimise risks.
Candidates will obtain an understanding of the regulatory requirements governing their industry and governing their spreading activities. This will included an understanding of the rules to which they must comply, the environmental risks associated with their activities and how to mitigate against these and an awareness of the health and safety risks associated with their work both to them personally and the general public.
Delegate Learning Outcomes
- Understand the risks associated with spreading different types of waste to land and the impact of these wastes on the wider environment if spread inappropriately.
- An understanding and awareness of the key regulations and guidance that impacts upon landspreading activities. Including the ability to correctly recognise and define no spread areas in fields.
- Candidates will appreciate the benefits and disadvantages of using different spreading techniques and have a better appreciation of the need for calibration, maintenance and correct machinery set up.
- Understand the procedure for dealing with and reporting a pollution incident to the Environment Agency.
- An awareness of Health and Safety issues associated with Landspreading activities.
Delegates will undertake a practical assessment of their knowledge to achieve a WAMITAB certificate of attendance which recognises that the operator/driver has reached a higher level of understanding in relation to landspreading, environmental protection and health and safety.
The course aims to provide candidates with training to meet some of the requirements in the TGN EPR 8.01 relating to staff and contractors awareness and understanding of general management measures. See Page 9 Box 1.1.1 of the TGN EPR 8.01.
The course is WAMITAB Accredited and also attracts 15 BASIS CPD Points.
This course costs £350 (+VAT)
How do I book?
You can book by selecting the date and venue of your choice on the Fieldfare Course Diary.
If you have any queries, please don’t hesitate to contact Ruth Kendal on 01539 566987 or email email@example.com